Ramón Luis Ayala Rodríguez, known by his stage name Daddy Yankee, is a Puerto Rican reggaeton artist, songwriter and actor. Ayala was born in Río Piedras, San Juan, Puerto Rico, and was raised in the neighborhood of Villa Kennedy Housing Projects. Ayala aspired to be a professional baseball player, and tried out for the Seattle Mariners Major League baseball team. Before he could be officially signed, he was hit by a stray round from an AK-47 rifle while taking a break from a studio recording session with reggaeton mix tape icon DJ Playero. Ayala spent roughly one and a half years recovering from the wound; the bullet was never removed from his hip, and he credits the shooting incident with allowing him to focus entirely on a music career. Since then, he has sold over 10 million albums.
- Born: February 3, 1977 (age 40), Río Piedras, Puerto Rico
- Spouse: Mireddys González (1994 to present - Marriage)
- Aliases: El Cangri, El Jefe, El Máximo Líder, Ramon Ayala, Ramón Luis Ayala Rodríguez, Raymond Ayala, The Big Boss, Winchester 30-30
- Children: Jeremy Rodriguez, Jesairis Rodriguez, Yamilette Rodriguez
- Height: 5′ 7″ (1.702m)
- Genre: Hip hop music
- Websites: http://www.daddyyankee.com/home/