Tracy Lauren Marrow, better known by his stage name Ice-T, is an American rapper, singer and actor. He began his career as a rapper in the 1980s and was signed to Sire Records in 1987, when he released his debut album Rhyme Pays, the first hip-hop album to carry an explicit content sticker. The next year, he founded the record label Rhyme $yndicate Records and released another album, Power. He co-founded the metal band Body Count, which he introduced in his 1991 album O.G.: Original Gangster. Body Count released its self-titled debut album in 1992. Ice-T encountered controversy over his track "Cop Killer", which was perceived to glamorize killing police officers. Ice-T asked to be released from his contract with Warner Bros. Records, and his next solo album, Home Invasion, was released later in February 1993 through Priority Records. Body Count's next album was released in 1994, and Ice-T released two more albums in the late 1990s. Since 2000, he has portrayed NYPD Detective Odafin Tutuola on the NBC police drama Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
- Born: February 16, 1958 (age 60), Newark
- Spouse: Coco Austin (2005-12-31 to present - Marriage)Darlene Ortiz
- Aliases: Cold as Ice, Ice, Ice Ice Baby, Ice T., Ice to See You, Ice-T, Mr. AdvICE, The Iceberg, Tracy Lauren Marrow, Tracy Marrow
- Children: Letesha Marrow, Tracy Marrow Jr
- Height: 5′ 11″ (1.8m)
- Genre: Hip hop music
- Websites: http://icet.com/, http://www.icet.com/, http://www.icetfinallevel.com/