Shawn Corey Carter, known by his stage name Jay-Z, is an American rapper, record producer, and entrepreneur. He is one of the most financially successful hip-hop artists and entrepreneurs in America. In 2012, Forbes estimated Carter's net worth at nearly $500 million. He is one of the world's best-selling artists of all time, having sold more than 75 million records, while receiving 17 Grammy Awards for his musical work, and numerous additional nominations. Consistently ranked as one of the greatest rappers of all time, he was ranked number one by MTV in their list of The Greatest MCs of All-Time in 2006. Three of his albums, Reasonable Doubt, The Blueprint, and The Black Album, are considered landmarks in the genre with all of them featured in Rolling Stone's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time. As an entrepreneur and investor, Jay-Z co-owns the 40/40 Club, and is the co-creator of the clothing line Rocawear. He is the former president of Def Jam Recordings, co-founder of Roc-A-Fella Records, and the founder of Roc Nation. He also founded the sports agency Roc Nation Sports and is a certified NBA and MLB sports agent.
- Born: December 4, 1969 (age 48), Brooklyn
- Spouse: Beyoncé Knowles (2008-04-04 to present - Marriage)
- Aliases: Hova, Iceberg Slim, J-Hova, JAY Z, JayZ, Jazzy, Jigga, Jiggaman, Joe Camel, Lucky Lefty, S-dot, Shawn 'Jay Z' Carter, Shawn C. Carter, Shawn Carter, Shawn Corey Carter, Shawn Corey Knowles-Carter, Young Hov
- Children: Blue Ivy Carter
- Height: 6′ 2″ (1.87m)
- Genre: Hip hop music
- Websites: http://lifeandtimes.com/