Stanley Kirk Burrell, known professionally as M.C. Hammer, is an American rapper, dancer, entrepreneur, spokesman and occasional actor. He had his greatest commercial success and popularity from the late 1980s until the late 1990s. Remembered for his rapid rise to fame, Hammer is known for hit records, flashy dance movements, choreography and eponymous Hammer pants. Hammer's superstar-status and entertaining showmanship made him a household name and hip hop icon. He has sold more than 50 million records worldwide. A multi-award winner, M.C. Hammer is considered a "forefather/pioneer" and innovator of pop rap, and is the first hip hop artist to achieve diamond status for an album. Hammer was later considered a sellout due in part to overexposure as an entertainer and as a result of being too "commercial" when rap was "hardcore" at one point, then his image later becoming increasingly "gritty" to once again adapt to the ever-changing landscape of rap. Regardless, BET ranked Hammer as the #7 "Best Dancer Of All Time". Vibe's "The Best Rapper Ever Tournament" declared him the 17th favorite of all-time during the first round.
- Born: March 30, 1962 (age 57), Oakland
- Spouse: Stephanie Fuller (1985-12-21 to present - Marriage)
- Aliases: Hammer, Hammertime, Holy Ghost Boy, King Hammer, Little Hammer, M.C. Hammer, Pipeline, Stanley Burrell Jr., Stanley Kirk Burrell
- Children: A'Keiba Burrell, Jeremiah Burrell, Samuel Burrell, Sarah Burrell, Stanley Burrell
- Height: 6′ 0″ (1.82m)
- Genre: Hip hop music
- Websites: http://mchammer.blogspot.com/